Organic vs. non-organic:
- Organic is grown in better quality soil
- Organic farmers allow fruits and vegetables to fully ripen on the vine, instead of relying on chemicals to force them to ripen prematurely.
- Inorganic is loaded with noxious pesticides (pesticides are neurotoxins that destroy the nervous system)
- Fruits and veggies don’t fully ripen on the vine
What is GMO?
- Food that has been genetically manipulated to withstand extreme doses of pesticides, to grow larger crops, and to appear more appealing.
- 9 =Organic
- 4 = Inorganic
- 8 = GMO
- Coconut: Great for cooking when using high heat, antifungal, antiviral, oil polling, hair, skin, nails.
- Olive: Cook with low to med heat, great base for salad dressings.
- Flax: Do not heat; adds a flavorful nutty taste and extremely healing.
- Experiment with different flavor, taste and texture.
- No antibiotic, no chemicals, no steroids, organically fed, free range, happy and healthy.
Refrigerated foods you normally won’t find in other stores:
- Meat substitutions, organic grass fed butter, vegan butter, vegan mayo, soy, miso, raw sauerkraut, goats yogurt, coconut yogurt, almond yogurt, kefir
- Serving: Pay attentions to how much per serving and what makes a serving i.e. 3 crackers, 4 squares, 1 cup. Based on a 2000 calorie diet
- Calories: How much energy the food has to offer from a serving
- Fats: Keep an eye on saturated fats and steer away from trans fats
- Sugars: 4.8 grams or less per serving
- Sodium: 460 or less per serving
- Nutritional content: Daily value
- Fiber: 3 gr per serving is ideal
- Coconut milk, almond milk, quinoa milk, soy milk, hazelnut milk, rice milk, hemp milk.
- Maple syrup, Agave, Coconut sugar, Stevia, Xylitol, Molasses, Beet sugar
Wheat free Flours:
- Plenty of wheat free options!
- Millet, almond, brown rice, quinoa, spelt
- ***Egg replacer
- Endless medicinal properties
- You can create a mood with tea.
- Relax with chamomile, digest with peppermint, warm with ginger, energy with green.
- Different flavors help with sweet tooth and balancing blood sugar level: chai, rose, flower teas, roots, fruit, etc.
Ethnic & Seaweed:
- Seaweed is loaded with minerals, B vitamins, and iodine.
- All are helpful; experiment to see how you like to use your seaweed.
- Get creative and try adding new spices and sauces.
- Variety is the spice of life.
- Biodegradable, environmentally conscious, nontoxic
Gluten Free Grains … WHAT IS GLUTEN?
- A protein composite present in cereal, grains, especially wheat, that is responsible for the elastic texture of dough.
Why is gluten so harmful to some?
- It’s been genetically manipulated which causes inflammation and irritations to the body.
Gluten Free Options:
- Millet, quinoa, brown rice, buckwheat, teff, amaranth
- Plant based nutrition on the go.
- Extra protein
- Some are high in sugar, but still a better alternative to chocolate bars.
Make-up & beauty:
- Organic and ethical companies.
- Ingredients get absorbed into your skin and blood like food.
- Whole food beauty products with ingredients you can recognize.
- New forms of healing
- Whole food vitamins
- Herbal remedies
- Homeopathic remedies
- Super greens like spirulina and chlorella
Schedule your FREE health coaching session with Chelsey Marie, Board Certified Health Coach. During this powerful one-on-one phone session with Chelsey Marie you will get clear about your health and wellness goals, create a vision of what it will feel like to live them, and get clear about what is getting in the way from achieving them.