I was so incredibly excited to make this and now I’m even more excited to share this with you.
Non Dairy Mac & Cheese
Sauce: ( In my house we like things saucy, so I made a double batch to put on top the noodles. If your the same keep in mind that you will want to cook up some extra squash in case you need more)
- 2 cups butter nut squash ( or sweet potato) I personally used squash but I’ve seen other recipes use sweet potato
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 5+ tablespoons of nutritional yeast (Add more to your liking)
- 1/2 teaspoon high quality sea salt
- garlic & onion powder (optional)
Steam the squash until texture is nice and soft, transfer into a pot with almond milk and then blend with a hand blender until all chunks are gone and it resembles baby food. Add nutritional yeast and salt along with any other choice of seasoning. Taste and add more nutritional yeast or salt to your liking. Combine with brown rice pasta along with any other veggies you like. I added green peas, cilantro and parley. Enjoy!